NORTH VAN ARTS UPDATE: COVID-19
In response to the increasing health concerns in connection with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and as a precaution for our visitors, staff, volunteers, and community, CityScape Community ArtSpace and North Van Arts offices are now closed to the public until further notice.
A new coronavirus is the cause of an outbreak of respiratory infections, now known as COVID-19. The number of cases worldwide is changing quickly. B.C. has confirmed cases of coronavirus; however the risk to Canadians continues to be low. For more information, please visit Vancouver Coastal Health or BC Centre for Disease Control
Please email our staff with any questions and take preventative measures to protect yourself.
NORTH SHORE CULTURE COMPASS
- Just Launched – A great tool to help you connect to culture, even when you are social distancing! North Shore Culture Compass is a free online map that visualizes the rich cultural landscape of the North Shore. As we collectively navigate the evolving situation of #Covid19, we want to create space for you to #NavigateCulture digitally & form meaningful connections with #ArtsLovers on our channels – an online hub of stories, strength & support. Our aim is to offer a cultural outlet during these uncertain days; community is all the more important during challenging times
ART CLASSES/ WORKSHOPS
- We are excited to work with local artists-instructors to keep creative as we are #togetherapart. We are offering a pay-what-you-can system for our re-imagined classes. Check out our Arts Education Page for more information about upcoming classes.
CITYSCAPE COMMUNITY ART SPACE
- Cityscape Community Art Space is closed
- The current exhibition ?What Matters! will be extended until further notice. Learn more about the artists and see some pictures of the gallery here
- We are busy organizing our archives from the past 50 years and look forward to sharing them on our website in the coming months.
NORTH VAN ARTS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
- The Spring Series has been cancelled as the current order from the BC Public Health office states no public gatherings of 50+ until May 30, 2020. We’re sorry we won’t be able to enjoy the end of our 2019-20 film series together as a community. We look forward to gathering everyone together again in the fall to enjoy great films
- The Art Rental Salon is closed to the public but we are managing the art rental program regarding billing, purchasing, and returns.
- We are exploring options for curated virtual exhibitions of the 400 works in the program.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office, 604 988 6844 for any art rental business requirements.
ART IN THE COMMUNITY
- We collaborate with The City of North Vancouver, District of North Vancouver, and Lynn Valley District Public Library to bring art exhibitions to the community. All three locations are closed due to COVID-19. The artwork will remain in the locations until further notice.
- We have created a Visions storymap, as a selection of these artworks are up at the District Foyer Gallery (which is closed). We invite you to explore the storymap from your home while learning more about the stories of the North Shore.
NORTH SHORE ART CRAWL
- Thank you to all the artists, organizations, and visitors that attended our annual North Shore Art Crawl on March 7 &8. We look forward to hosting this event again in 2021.
ART IN THE GARDEN
- We are not able to present Art in the Garden at the end of May due to the standing BC health Officer order. We are considering online options to keep the spirit of this event alive.
- The well-being of our community is important to us, and we at North Van Arts want you to stay safe. We are able to be social with our community through online contact and we will be posting from Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Stay connected everyone!
COVID 19 RELATED RESOURCES