NORTH VAN ARTS UPDATE: COVID-19
Following the Province of British Columbia’s Restart Place, WorksafeBC’s Safety Plan and WorksafeBC’s guidance for Offices and Arts and Cultural Facilities, North Van Arts offices are open again. We want to keep our staff, visitors, and the community safe as we transition to in-person visits. Please visit our Plan Your Visit page to learn more about the safety precautions in place.
NORTH SHORE CULTURE COMPASS
- Just Launched – A great tool to help you connect to culture, even when you are social distancing! North Shore Culture Compass is a free online map that visualizes the rich cultural landscape of the North Shore. As we collectively navigate the evolving situation of #Covid19, we want to create space for you to #NavigateCulture digitally & form meaningful connections with #ArtsLovers on our channels – an online hub of stories, strength & support. Our aim is to offer a cultural outlet during these uncertain days; community is all the more important during challenging times
ART CLASSES/ WORKSHOPS
- We are excited to work with local artists-instructors to keep creative as we are #togetherapart. We are offering limited discounted prices for our re-imagined classes. Check out our Arts Education Page for more information about upcoming classes.
- With COVID-19 precautions in place, we are running Camp Creative summer camps out of Maplewood House. Registration is open HERE
CITYSCAPE COMMUNITY ART SPACE
- Cityscape Community Art Space is now open, and the gallery is in preparation mode for the next exhibition.
- We are busy organizing our archives from the past 50 years and look forward to sharing them on our website in the coming months.
ART IN THE GARDEN
- We want to thank all the artists and musicians for participating in our first online Art in the Garden event for the month of May. Visit Art in the Garden Online to experience the fusion of art, music and nature; all from the comfort of your home.
NORTH VAN ARTS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
- We have enjoyed sharing the Toronto International Film Festival selections since 2003, and with the recent news about the Cineplex Odeon Cinemas at Park and Tilford permanently closing, we are looking into alternate venues and film experiences for this loyal client base.
- The Art Rental Salon is open.
- We just launched our first virtual exhibition for the Art Rental Collection. Celebrating the beauty of BC’s seascapes, forests, rivers and mountains, the artwork can be found HERE.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office, 604 988 6844 for any art rental business requirements.
ART IN THE COMMUNITY
- We collaborate with The City of North Vancouver, District of North Vancouver, and Lynn Valley District Public Library to bring art exhibitions to the community. All three locations are closed due to COVID-19. The artwork will remain in the locations until further notice.
- We have created a Visions storymap, as a selection of these artworks are up at the District Foyer Gallery (which is closed). We invite you to explore the storymap from your home while learning more about the stories of the North Shore.
- We have created a virtual exhibition for Susanne Kesnter-Aiello’s work. Explore it here
NORTH SHORE ART CRAWL
- Thank you to all the artists, organizations, and visitors that attended our annual North Shore Art Crawl on March 7 &8. We look forward to hosting this event again in 2021.
- The well-being of our community is important to us, and we at North Van Arts want you to stay safe. We are exciting for your visits again. We are still social with our community through online forms and we will be posting from Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Stay connected everyone!
A new coronavirus is the cause of an outbreak of respiratory infections, now known as COVID-19. The number of cases worldwide is changing quickly. B.C. has confirmed cases of coronavirus; however the risk to Canadians continues to be low. For more information, please visit Vancouver Coastal Health or BC Centre for Disease Control
COVID 19 RELATED RESOURCES
- Alliance for Arts & Culture
- BC Arts Council
- Canada Council for the Arts
- City of North Vancouver
- District of North Vancouver
- North Vancouver Recreation & Culture Commission
- CBC Relief Fund
- Digital Originals funding – CBC/Radio-Canada, Canada Council
- Facebook-National Arts Centre Fund for Performing Artist
- Neighbourhood Small Grants – Responsive NSG
- Showcase BC Grant BC
- Virtual Museum of Canada Program