NORTH VAN ARTS UPDATE: COVID-19
Following the Province of British Columbia’s Restart Place, WorksafeBC’s Safety Plan and WorksafeBC’s guidance for Offices and Arts and Cultural Facilities, North Van Arts offices are open again. We want to keep our staff, visitors, and the community safe as we transition to in-person visits. Please visit our Plan Your Visit page to learn more about the safety precautions in place. We are also staying social with our community through online forms and we will be posting from Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Stay connected everyone!
ART CLASSES/ WORKSHOPS
- We are excited to work with local artists-instructors to keep creative as we are #togetherapart. Our fall programming is currently be designed, and more information will be released September 1. We will still be offering a limited number of discounted prices for our courses. Bookmark our Arts Education Page for more information about upcoming classes.
ART IN THE COMMUNITY
- We collaborate with The City of North Vancouver, District of North Vancouver, and Lynn Valley District Public Library to bring art exhibitions to the community. All three locations are closed or have limited access due to COVID-19.
- We have created a Visions storymap, as a selection of these artworks are up at the District Foyer Gallery (which is closed). We invite you to explore the storymap from your home while learning more about the stories of the North Shore.
- We have created a virtual exhibition for Susanne Kesnter-Aiello’s work. Explore it HERE
ART IN THE GARDEN
- We want to thank all the artists and musicians for participating in our first online Art in the Garden event for the month of May. Visit Art in the Garden Online to experience the fusion of art, music and nature; all from the comfort of your home.
- The Art Rental Salon is now open
- While North Van Arts was closed to the public, we explored ways to safely engage with the community during the pandemic. As one of our new initiatives, we launched a virtual gallery platform to highlight selected works from our Art Rental Collection. The new virtual gallery feature is presented in a series of themed and curated 3D exhibitions accessible through our website. So far, we’ve presented three virtual exhibitions for the public to enjoy from the comfort of their home: Landscapes, Floral Revelations and True Love & Other Works.
- Please email email@example.com or call the office, 604 988 6844 for any art rental inquiries.
CITYSCAPE COMMUNITY ART SPACE
- Cityscape Community Art Space is now open, and is showing Mapped: Exploring North Shore Culture until September 5.
- The next exhibition is The Art Rental Show, and will open September 11.
- At this time, we are not hosting opening receptions for our exhibitions
NORTH SHORE ART CRAWL
- Thank you to all the artists, organizations, and visitors that attended our annual North Shore Art Crawl on March 7 &8. We look forward to hosting this event again in 2021.
NORTH SHORE CULTURE COMPASS
- Just Launched – A great tool to help you connect to culture, even when you are social distancing! North Shore Culture Compass is a free online map that visualizes the rich cultural landscape of the North Shore. As we collectively navigate the evolving situation of Covid 19, we want to create space for you to navigate culture digitally and form meaningful connections with arts lovers on our channels – an online hub of stories, strength and support. Our aim is to offer a cultural outlet during these uncertain days; community is all the more important during challenging times.
NORTH VAN ARTS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
- We have enjoyed sharing the Toronto International Film Festival selections since 2003, and with the recent news about the Cineplex Odeon Cinemas at Park and Tilford permanently closing, we are looking into alternate venues and film experiences for this loyal client base.
- With COVID-19 precautions in place, we were able to run our Camp Creative summer camps out of Maplewood House. Watch this video for a quick glimpse of all the fun from camps.
A new coronavirus is the cause of an outbreak of respiratory infections, now known as COVID-19. The number of cases worldwide is changing quickly. B.C. has confirmed cases of coronavirus; however the risk to Canadians continues to be low. For more information, please visit Vancouver Coastal Health or BC Centre for Disease Control
COVID 19 ARTS RELATED RESOURCES
- Alliance for Arts & Culture
- BC Arts Council
- Canada Council for the Arts
- City of North Vancouver
- District of North Vancouver
- North Vancouver Recreation & Culture Commission
- CBC Relief Fund
- Digital Originals funding – CBC/Radio-Canada, Canada Council
- Facebook-National Arts Centre Fund for Performing Artist
- Neighbourhood Small Grants – Responsive NSG
- Showcase BC Grant BC
- Virtual Museum of Canada Program