Plan Your Visit
We have missed your visits, your friendly chats, your stories, and your artwork. With COVID-19 precautions in place, North Van Arts is open again. We have followed The Province of British Columbia’s Restart Place, WorksafeBC’s Safety Plan and WorksafeBC’s guidance for Offices and Arts and Cultural Facilities to ensure your visit is a positive and healthy one. We want to keep our staff, visitors, and the community safe.
The North Van Arts COVID-19 Policies and Procedures is a living document which will be updated as programs are implemented and new information is released. We welcome the community’s questions and comments regarding the policies to be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CityScape Community Art Space hasn’t changed but how we navigate the gallery is new. Here are some steps to allow for a comfortable visit:
- Automatic door opens by pushbutton, no need to touch the doors. We are sanitizing the door handles and pushbutton during the day.
- Hand Sanitizer is available as you enter. Please use as you enter and exit our space.
- Hand Sanitizer is also available at the Front Desk and Art Rental Salon.
- Plexi-glass has been installed for our volunteer gallery attendant at the front welcoming desk and at the Front Desk/Office Reception.
- Floor decals help navigate CityScape Community Art Space and the Art Rental Salon.
- Directional arrows to help navigate the entrance and exit space.
- Capacity is limited to 10 visitors, allowing for at least 2 metres distancing as you explore the artwork.
- Due to capacity restrictions and reduced staff on site, we are encouraging in-person art rentals, art sales, and rental returns to be conducted by appointment, though walk-ins will be accommodated.
We are still committed to connecting with our community and we look forward to your visits again. If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you plan to visit us at a later date. We still have online courses and online exhibitions for you to enjoy from the comfort of your home too.
CityScape Community ArtSpace / North Van Arts
335 Lonsdale Avenue
North Vancouver, BC
North Van Arts offices are located within CityScape Community ArtSpace on the West side of Lonsdale between 3rd and 4th St.
Via public transit:
228 Lynn Valley / Lonsdale Quay
229 Lynn Valley / Lonsdale Quay
230 Upper Lonsdale / Lonsdale Quay
R2 Marine Drive East/West
246 Highlands / Lonsdale Quay stops one block away from North Van Arts outside Presentation House Theatre on 3rd and Chesterfield Ave, West of Lonsdale Ave.
We are located 3 blocks north of the Seabus. Plan your trip with Translink’s TripPlanner
Enter by double doors (each 90cm wide; 180cm when both doors are open). Left door opened by automatic door opener button located to left of doors facing the gallery. Doors stay open for 15 seconds, and can be held open indefinitely with a button located inside. Please call staff at 604-988-6844 and we will be available to immediately open the door(s) for visitors.
North Van Arts offices and CityScape Community ArtSpace are located on the ground floor of a residential building with retail storefronts along Lonsdale Ave and 3rd St.
There is a wheelchair + mobility device accessible ramp leading to the gallery space immediately after the entrance. This ramp is 6m long, 130cm wide, built into the concrete floor, with a handrail along both sides for the full length.
Dogs and pets are not allowed inside, but service animals are welcome. With your consent we will remind visitors not to touch or pet service animals that are working in our space during events and/or during your visit to North Van Arts.
Parking on Lonsdale Avenue is limited to 1 hour. Parking is unlimited and free north of 4th Street.
4th Street is the nearest designated bike route. A bike rack is available on Lonsdale Avenue, right outside our doors.
Mon-Wed, Fri: 9am-5pm
Closed all statutory holidays.