North Van Arts is a grassroots, social-profit, charitable cultural organization dedicated to maximizing the intrinsic value of the arts in all media. Our mandate is to enable emerging and professional artists in all disciplines, to bridge cultures, and to build strong and healthy communities through the arts. We are a vibrant and dynamic organization of over 400 members with a proud history of serving the citizens of the North Shore and artists from throughout Metro Vancouver and beyond. North Van Arts is seeking an energetic and personable individual as a key player on a team that delivers arts & culture programmes, exhibitions, and events for the communities we serve on the North Shore. The successful applicant will assist with administrative and gallery tasks and report directly to the Executive Director. Part-time, 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9 am to 3:30 pm.
- Reception: greeting people, answering phone, responding to inquiries, monitoring info email
- Point of sale: selling event tickets, course registration, sales from The Shop
- Art Rental: assisting with rentals, sales, monthly billing
- Website: team contact for website updates & maintenance, liaising with contract web developer
- Technology: team contact for technology, liaising with IT contractor
- Volunteer Coordination: recruit, interview, schedule, communications, recognition
- Facility & Operations: office equipment & supplies, facility maintenance
- Society: support Executive Director (eg. Board of Directors)
- Assist other team members with the delivery of projects, programmes & events where required
- Offer the highest level of customer service
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and volunteers by exercising tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Very personable with a healthy sense of humour and a conscientious work ethic
- Experience working in a related field
- A strong ability to multi-task, evaluate, and manage priorities
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, takes initiative and resourceful
- Skilled in utilizing Office 365 (user admin, Excel, Word), WordPress, office technology & equipment
- Punctual and reliable
- Excellent organization and communication and interpersonal
- Highly proficient English language skills for in person, phone, and online communications
REMUNERATION: Salary based on $21 per hour for 30-hour work week, plus extended health benefits, available after a 3-month probation period.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday August 22, 2021 Start date: September 13, 2021
Please submit resume and cover letter to: Nancy Cottingham Powell, Executive Director, North Van Arts, 335 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver, BC V7M 2G3 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
North Van Arts is committed to equity for all prospective employees regardless of national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or age. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.