Annual General Meeting 2023
Annual Report 2021-2022
The 2022-2023 Annual Report will be available online in mid-October. Printed copies will be available at the AGM.
Following the AGM, please contact the office if you’re interested in acquiring a copy.
Strategic Plan 2021-2024
The Board of Directors and Staff have worked together to develop the strategic plan for the North Vancouver Community Arts Council. The document below outlines the priority directions for the organization to 2024.
- Established the first Heritage Committee in North Vancouver
- Preserved the former City Hall of North Vancouver, a 1902 heritage building, originally the North Vancouver School, which was rededicated as the Presentation House Arts Centre in 1976
- Created and produced the first North Shore arts promotional vehicles: Arts Access Magazine and Arts Access Television Show, forerunner to the Arts Alive Magazine and Arts Alive monthly fresh sheet in the North Shore News
- Instrumental in creating a tri-municipal Arts Commission designed to assist local governments in the development and promotion of arts and culture in their communities
- Organized, fund raised for and installed a number of community public art pieces including: Cathedral by Douglas Senft (steel sculpture at Waterfront Park, 1986), Bugs by Jacqui Berglund (meandering mosaics along the waterfront walkway, 1998), Friendship Gate by Chilean Ceramic Group (a community garden gateway, East 2nd Street, 2004), Centennial – Imagine Our Future City Overpass by youth contestants (etched granite slabs, 2007)
- Instrumental in saving and preserving the Fred Amess Art Collection
- Instrumental in producing three community murals created by local youth
- Created a scholarship fund for art students at Capilano University
- Created a Youth Cultural Development Endowment Fund
- Facilitated the million dollar regional millennium project Visions of the North Shore
- Recipient of the 2009 Business Excellence Award in Arts & Culture, North Vancouver Chamber of Commerce
- Instrumental in the creation of CityScape Community Art Space, an interactive community art gallery and cultural administration offices
- Spearheaded the North Shore Cultural Mapping Project (began 2016)
- Celebrated 50 Years of the organization (click link to learn more about 50th anniversary)