ARTS EDUCATION TEAM
We are looking for more volunteers to be Teaching Assistants in our programmes.
Browse all current Arts Education programmes here.
If you are available for an opportunity that interests you, please call or email the volunteer coordinator:
Contact Andrew Warner at 604-988-6844 or andrew(at)northvanarts.ca
General Programme Teaching Assistant:
- Help North Van Arts instructors set up and take down before and after each event, support and engage with participants in a variety of courses, workshops, or other programmes.
- In exchange, you are able to learn from our talented teachers and participate!
Children’s Programme Teaching Assistant:
- Assisting our artist-instructors with children’s programmes (After School Art, Spring Break, Summer Camps). This is a fantastic work experience opportunity for high school students.
- Please note: in order to volunteer with our children’s programs, you will have to submit a Criminal Record Check, vulnerable sector search.
- Workshops (2-8 Hrs/Day)
- Courses (3 Hrs/Week)
- Spring Break + Summer Camps (40 Hrs/Week)
You Might Be…
An art-savvy individual who loves engaging with those who have questions about North Van Arts | An emerging or new member of the community who wants to learn about art at their own pace | A student needing volunteer hours who may be interested in a career in arts (as practicing artists or arts administrators) | A senior looking to re/connect with their community and give their time charitably on a weekly basis |