This summer position will assist in the planning and facilitation of arts education programmes for children 6-11 years old in July and August. Through Camp Creative, we offer arts instruction and engagement opportunities for young people in a variety of artistic disciplines including visual arts, drama, writing, singing, songwriting, and movement. Classes are developed and delivered by professional artist instructors with small class sizes to ensure a positive experience for all.
Camp Creative COVID-19 precautionary adaptations include increased safety measures following Worksafe BC guidelines, such as dividing campers into 2 groups to increase physical spacing and increasing outdoor time.
The Camp Leader will assist with:
- supporting the professional artist/instructors assisting children during art activities;
- providing care and activities for children indoors and outdoors during the weeklong camps;
- maintenance of clean and organized workspace, with focus on sanitizing common spaces and keeping art supplies organized
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
The successful applicant will have:
- experience working with children (a criminal record check for the vulnerable sector is required);
- valid first aid certificate
- motivation to take initiative, multi-task, and prioritize;
- an interest in the arts and in developing community connections through the arts;
- an ability to problem-solve, and effective organizational skills;
- demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team;
- a healthy sense of humour and a conscientious work ethic,
- able to lift and move tables, chairs, etc for camp setup
This position is contingent on receiving funding through the Canada Summer Jobs programme.
To be eligible for this position, youth must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment*; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
REMUNERATION: Salary $17.50 per hour, 37.5 hour per week, 5-6 weeks
Start date: asap *
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday July 14, 4:00pm. We are reviewing applications as they come in.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Arts Education Manager,
North Van Arts, 335 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver, BC V7M 2G3
North Van Arts is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages all candidates to apply, irrespective of national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or age. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.