This course allows attendees to work through a project of their choosing in a structured and supportive environment. In each session, the instructor will give a short demonstration or analysis of previously completed work. Then you can dive into your painting, with the instructor available to assist with colour theory, colour mixing, compositional layering and brushwork.
Registration is per household.
North Van Arts is committed to offering accessible pricing for our arts education classes. There are a limited number of tickets available at a discounted rate – you decide what works for you. Select the 50OFF ticket to choose this option.
Class is delivered live via Zoom, and the class recording will be emailed to participants the following day.
Heavy Body Acrylic Paints:
- Titanium White
- Blue (Pthalo or Ultramarine)
- Red (Cadmium or Napthol)
- Yellow (Cadmium or Hansa)
- Dioxazine Purple
- Cadmium Orange
- Burnt Umber
- Green (Pthalo or Permanent)
- Payne’s Grey
- Transparent Iron Oxide or Burnt Sienna
- Yellow Ochre or Indian Yellow
- Acrylic Medium, matte or gloss
- Marker, pencil or charcoal for sketching;
- Letter-size or larger sketchbook for colour mixing practice;
- Two 16”x20” stretched canvases or canvas panels;
- Acrylic Brushes, ½ inch, one round, one angle & one bright
- Water holder, with brush cleaner.
- Paint & Peel Palette, 11”X14”
- Rags or paper towels