Waterfalls are so inspiring and energetic, impressive with their beauty making you want to paint them. Let artist Marney-Rose Edge share her techniques for capturing falling water over rocks.
– bring the paints and brushes you currently have
– recommended paint colours: Burnt orange (daniel Smith), Ultramarine Blue, Manganese, Cobalt blue, Nova Gamboge or raw sienna, Permanent Rose, Phthalo blue (green shade), Paynes grey (winsor and newton) and Brown Madder
– brushes: A 3/4 in flat and a large round (size 12 at least) and a smaller round #8
– 1/2 sheet Arches 140lb rough or 140 lb Fabriano rough.
– 1 roll 1.5″ wide cream color masking tape
– masking fluid and old toothbrush
– paper towels
– toilet paper
– wax candle – white paraffin
– 1 water container-empty cottage cheese or large yogurt container (500-750ml size)
– 2b pencil
– 1 stretcher board 16×12″, needs to be firm (eg:coraplast, gator board, or masonite)