At Camp Creative, we use imagination
At Camp Creative, we play in the sun
At Camp Creative, we show our love for nature
Welcome to our “Art with Emotions” camp! Immerse yourself in a week of vibrant self-expression and emotional exploration through art.
Kids begin with “Emotion-Inspired Abstract Art,” using feelings as a guide to create expressive paintings with acrylics, watercolors, and mixed media. Encouraging self-reflection, we inspire them to maintain “Emotion Journals,” turning daily feelings into visual art entries for creative storytelling.
Moving beyond flat surfaces, “Emotion Sculptures” allows kids to sculpt 3D emotional artworks with clay and found materials. The camp peaks with “Expressive Self-Portraits,” focusing on facial expressions, body language, and color choices to deepen their understanding of personal emotions through visual storytelling. Special projects like “Emotion Color Wheels” and “Emotion Collage Stories” enhance the experience, associating colors with emotions and translating emotional palettes into abstract paintings and mood boards.
This camp is a vibrant platform for self-expression, nurturing emotional intelligence, and exploring color psychology through imaginative artistry. Join us for a week of creativity, self-discovery, and a colorful exploration of emotions!
Please send your camper with:
- Lunch/snacks (two snacks, one before lunch and one after) Masks (non-mandatory)
- Reusable water bottle
- Sunscreen (summer camp only)
- Hat Sunglasses (summer camp only)
- Towel (summer camp only)
- Running shoes/sneakers (no flip-flops)
- Water shoes that don’t fall off (summer camp only)
- Change of clothes that won’t mind getting dirty
- Rain jacket and boots for rainy days
- Anything they need for allergies or medication
Age limit: We have designed this camp and employed instructors with experience working with the age range of 6-11 years old. Please do not sign up unless your child is 6+ or more on the day of camp.
- For details about our current NVA Disease-Prevention-Plan For the Camp covid safety plan click here.
- If the camp you are hoping for is full, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a waitlist. Use the subject header Camp Creative Waitlist Week (fill in the date you are interested in’) and in the body of the email let me know:
- your name, phone number, and email
- The names and age(s) of your child/children
*Please be aware when booking camps, untimely cancellations might lead to missed opportunities for other families and lead to financial strain on our non-profit organization. We request you let us know promptly if you need to cancel or switch camps so we can make the necessary arrangements to fill the vacancy. A reminder cancellations will be charged a 30% administration fee to help offset staff time already incurred- see terms and conditions. Thanks for your understanding.