Aside from landscape, the subject most people want to paint is their pet, usually a dog. Fairly simple on the surface, but in practice pretty tricky. This class is designed to get you on the right track, covering aspects of palette, composition, features and fur brushwork. It is designed for students with at least some experience with acrylic paints. The class will cover two different breeds of dogs, the Collie & Labrador retriever.
Heavy Body Acrylic Paints:
- Titanium White
- Blue (Pthalo or Ultramarine)
- Red (Cadmium or Napthol)
- Yellow (Cadmium or Hansa)
- Dioxazine Purple
- Cadmium Orange
- Burnt Umber
- Green (Pthalo or Permanent)
- Payne’s Grey
- Transparent Iron Oxide or Burnt Sienna
- Yellow Ochre or Indian Yellow
- Acrylic Medium, matte or gloss
- Marker, pencil or charcoal for sketching;
- Letter-size or larger sketchbook for colour mixing practice;
- Two 16”x20” stretched canvases or canvas panels;
- Acrylic Brushes, ½ inch, one round, one angle & one bright
- Water holder, with brush cleaner.
- Paint & Peel Palette, 11”X14”
- Rags or paper towels
Registration is per household. Feel free to grab a family member or roommate and take class together!
North Van Arts is committed to offering accessible pricing for our arts education classes. There are a limited number of tickets available at a discounted rate – you decide what works for you. Select the 30OFF ticket to choose this option.
Class is delivered live via Zoom, and the class recording will be emailed to participants the following day.