As we venture into the intermediate series, our aim is to build upon these foundational elements, taking our skills to the next level. Our first focus will be on refining our ability to achieve a variety of edges in our artwork. This crucial skill will infuse our paintings with depth and dimension. Secondly, we will delve deeper into the intricate relationship between value (lightness or darkness) and color (chroma), enhancing our comprehension and application of these concepts. Acquiring a deeper understanding and hands-on experience with these elements will naturally cultivate a heightened sense of confidence in our artistic approach. As our confidence grows, we’ll have the freedom to experiment and embrace a more fluid, expressive style in our creations.
Throughout this journey, our overarching goal remains unchanged: to develop a cohesive vocabulary and artistic language in watercolor that empowers us to wield control over our creative expression. Depending on the needs and preferences of the group, we may also revisit and refine our approaches to sketching as a foundation for successful watercolor painting.
- Pencil (4b and 6b)
- Kneaded Eraser and regular eraser
- Watercolor Paper
- Block ( n.b. any one) : 1. Fabriano traditional white – cold press – 140lb 2. Winsor & Newton – cold press – 140 lb (10 x 14 inch)
- Mop: size 2,6
- Flat: 2,4,6,10
- Round: 1,4,6,8
- Mottler: 1-1 1/2 inch (n.b. natural hair is best)
- Watercolor paint tubes (Ultramarine Blue, cobalt blue, Burnt Sienna, burnt umber, cadmium red medium, Alizarin Crimson, cadmium yellow medium, Yellow Ochre, Sap Green)
10% discount for North Van Arts Members.
Become a member and unlock a world of benefits! As part of your membership, you’ll enjoy a 10% discount on select Arts Education Adult & Youth classes and workshops.
Here’s how to get started:
- Membership: Become a member of North Van Arts to access exclusive perks.
- Discount Code: Call us at 604-988-6844 to receive your unique discount code.
- Redeem Discount: Remember, you must be a member before receiving the discount. Once you have your code, simply follow these steps to apply the 10% off:
- Browse the available Adult & Youth classes and workshops.
- During the checkout process, you’ll find a field to enter your coupon code. Enter the code and apply it.
- Your 10% discount will be automatically calculated and reflected in your total purchase amount.
Ready to enhance your artistic journey? Join today and take advantage of this incredible offer.
COURSE REFUND POLICY