Do you love reading comics? Do you dream of drawing one (or several) yourself? This program will ease you into the how-to’s of making comics through a series of hands-on projects, including how to script, layout, and illustrate your own exciting comic pages.
While the final project is a completed comic page, other exercises will include hourlies, on-the-spot character design, and example-based analysis on what makes a great comic great.
Registration is per household.
North Van Arts is committed to offering accessible pricing for our arts education classes. There are a limited number of tickets available at a discounted rate – you decide what works for you. Select the 50OFF ticket to choose this option.
Class is delivered live via Zoom, and the class recording will be emailed to participants the following day.
- 11 x 14 in. sketchbook (Strathmore Bristol, Vellum surface)
- 0.7 blue lead mechanical pencil
- Lead pencils (2H, HB, 2B, 4B, 8B)
- Pencil sharpener
- 12 pack coloured pencils (Suggested brand: Staedtler)
- 3 alcohol based brush tip markers (Light, medium, dark grey. Suggested brand:
- Staedtler eraser/Solid white eraser
- 0.5 felt tip ink pen (Suggested brands: Sakura, Faber Castell, Touch)