When our minds are full of chaos and it’s hard to slow our thoughts, taking time to create with our hands can help us move into a more mindful space. In this class you will create a 5×7 art journal using whatever supplies you have on hand. Joyelle will demonstrate mixed media art techniques and help you quiet your mind (especially that pesky inner critic) and find a place of calm. This class is appropriate for anyone who can wield a pair of scissors and a glue stick.
- glue sticks, mod podge, double sided tape, or other adherent
- scissors or cutting blade
- scrap cardboard from packaging such as cereal boxes, granola bar boxes, etc (enough to make 8 5×7 pieces out of)
- pens, markers, pencils, crayons, whatever you have on hand
- scraps of paper from magazines, product packaging, wrapping paper, tissue paper, scrapbook paper, lined notebook paper
- photocopy paper, or any other paper you have on hand
- textured items from around your house (think lego, drawer liner, tin foil, food packaging, bubble wrap, etc)
- ephemera (book pages, clothing tags, gift tags, scraps of ribbon, concert tickets, playing cards, coloring book pages, maps, stamps, small charms, etc)
- hole punch
- loose leaf book ring 1 inch or scraps of string or ribbon
- acrylic paints and brushes if you have them already
- printed photos
- washi tape
- watercolour paper or other heavy weight paper
Registration is per household. Feel free to grab a family member or roommate and take class together!
North Van Arts is committed to offering accessible pricing for our arts education classes. There are a limited number of tickets available at a discounted rate – you decide what works for you. Select the 30OFF ticket to choose this option.
Class is delivered live via Zoom, and the class recording will be emailed to participants the following day.