Discover your creative voice through our experiential writing course. Enjoy relaxed online sessions, suitable for both beginners and experienced writers. Connect with your surroundings, uncover your unique writing style, and boost your confidence—all from the coziness of your home with a cup of tea in hand.
Session 1: Our Home Feb 29th. March 14th “In this session, we explore the everyday spaces we call home, both past and present, and the people who fill them. You’ll have the opportunity to describe an object in your room through memory, poetry, or storytelling. Feel free to bring a photograph of a special place or childhood home. This session will also cover topics like describing settings, storytelling, and creating meaning.”
“The question is not what you look at but what you see.” – Thoreau
Session 2: The Self Thursday 21th March – 4th April “This session is all about self-expression. Everything we see and experience is unique. You’ll reflect inwards and explore the world of words and images. You might create new names for yourself or craft a fictional ancient ancestor. We’ll also dive into poetic form, enjambment, and descriptive language.”
“As I write, I create myself again and again.” – Joy Harjo
Session 3: Play Thursday 11th April – 25th April “Imagination is our guide in this session. Writing is a playful journey that can transport us from our everyday realities into magical worlds of our own making. You’ll be challenged to describe emotions using colors and scents, turn dreams into memories, or memories into dreams. Through creative prompts, you’ll learn how to incorporate metaphor, simile, and imagery into your writing.”
“Oh to be delivered from the rational into the realm of pure song.” – Theodore Roethke
10% discount for North Van Arts Members.
Become a member and unlock a world of benefits! As part of your membership, you’ll enjoy a 10% discount on select Arts Education Adult & Youth classes and workshops.
Here’s how to get started:
- Membership: Become a member of North Van Arts to access exclusive perks.
- Discount Code: Call us at 604-988-6844 to receive your unique discount code.
- Redeem Discount: Remember, you must be a member before receiving the discount. Once you have your code, simply follow these steps to apply the 10% off:
- Browse the available Adult & Youth classes and workshops.
- During the checkout process, you’ll find a field to enter your coupon code. Enter the code and apply it.
- Your 10% discount will be automatically calculated and reflected in your total purchase amount.
Ready to enhance your artistic journey? Join today and take advantage of this incredible offer.
Register for one session, or all three. Each session will run independently. so choose the topic of interest to you.