Opening Night is an exciting time to see the exhibition in its entirety and choose from 738 works of art from over 300 local artists.
The Anonymous Art Show is a fundraising exhibition that raises over $10 000 each year to support the community cultural programmes of North Van Arts. 50% of the $100 sale price goes to North Van Arts and 50% goes to the artist. This is a great opportunity to purchase original art by local artists at a great price!
It’s a fun and exciting way to buy art and mingle with art admirers.
Opening Night | How it Works
- We have seen people line up as early as 5pm.
- The first person in the line is the first person to purchase artwork.
- As the line is outside, our friendly volunteers will serve cider & hot chocolate to the line up starting at 6pm (generously provided by our neighbourhood Starbucks at 3rd and Lonsdale)
- Doors open at 7pm.
- As you enter the gallery, you will receive a numbered program.
- As you visit the exhibition, use the program to write the number of the artwork, the wall name (they’re all named after reindeer) and a brief description of the piece. You may take a picture of the desired work.
- The person holding program #1 is the first to purchase. We proceed by grouped numbers throughout the evening, calling groups of numbers and carrying a sign through the gallery so you can see when it is your turn to purchase.
- All artwork is $100 each (+ PST =$107).
50% of the sale goes to the artist, 50% goes to North Van Arts
We accept cash, cheque, debit, Visa, Visa debit and Mastercard.
We offer complimentary coat check and a cash bar all evening. Hot chocolate will be generously provided by our neighbourhood Starbucks, and nibbles generously provided by our neighbourhood Loblaws City Market.
As a registered charity, we are happy to accept donations, and will issue a tax receipt for any donation of $20 or more. This exhibition is our most important fundraiser of the year. To find out what your donation can do, read on…
Thank you to our event sponsors: