To adhere to our COVID-19 Policy and Procedures, we have had to implement some changes to this year’s Anonymous Art show to ensure the safety of artists, our staff, volunteers, and visitors. The exhibition will be installed at CityScape Community ArtSpace, but the viewing and purchasing routine has changed.
The Anonymous Art Show is North Van Arts’ annual festive fundraiser. We are looking forward to hosting this group exhibition showcasing original artwork of over 300 emerging and established artists. All artists taking part in the show remain anonymous until the work is purchased. As one of the sectors that have been most affected by COVID-19, the arts need your support now more than ever, this is your chance to buy local art and support artists in your community.
The Anonymous Art Show is a significant fundraiser for North Van Arts, helping us to showcase local artists and to continue our growing annual roster of exhibitions, education programs, and community events. Each artwork sells for $100, with the artist and North Van Arts each sharing 50% of the sale. Once a painting is purchased, it is removed from the wall and replaced with a sold tag, revealing the artist’s name.
New This Year
Online submissions are now closed. For artists still dropping off their artwork, here are the SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
This show is gently juried. Artists can submit a maximum of 3 pieces of artwork. You will be contacted to pick up any pieces that will not be included in the show. North Van Arts reserves the right to refuse any work that we consider offensive to the public.
- We only accept unframed, 8” x 8” x 1 ½”, back stapled canvasses or wood cradle panels
- A limit of three submissions per artist
- Two-dimensional works only, no relief work, no 3D work
- New submissions only. Previous year’s AAS submissions will not be accepted
- Full name, signature, title and website (if applicable) must be written on the back of canvas
- Paintings must be submitted completely dry and unwired/without fixings
- Mark an “up” arrow on back of canvas to indicate the top of the piece
- Diptychs and triptychs are acceptable but will not be shown together
- You can submit up to three pieces of artwork. All artwork must have a title and cannot be called Untitled
In place of a launch event and in-person buying, all artwork will be available to purchase online. The Online Sale will begin on Thursday, November 26, at 7pm and continue until Saturday, December 19 at 5pm.
When you have purchased your piece online, you can schedule a time to come to CityScape Community ArtSpace to collect your artwork.
In-person viewing for visitors will be available by appointment. Appointments will be available to book online and over the phone late October.
You will be able to book an appointment to view the exhibition during Preview Week before the start of the online sale. Preview Week will begin online and in-person on Saturday, November 21 at 12 noon. Please note, artwork will not be available to purchase online or in-person during Preview Week.
For the sale launch night, we are offering a limited number of time slots on Thursday, November 26 between 7 pm – 9:30 pm. These slots are for people who do not have access to a computer/device and wish to purchase artwork in-person where we can help them to buy through the online system. Please note: These slots will be running concurrently with the online sale and are not an exclusive purchasing opportunity.
The exhibition will remain online and at CityScape Community ArtSpace until December 19. Bookable time slots to view the exhibition will be made available during this period.
Dates to Remember
- Saturday, November 21, 12 noon – 5 pm
- Monday, November 23, 9 am – 8 pm
- Tuesday, November 24, 9 am – 8 pm
- Wednesday, November 25, 9 am – 8 pm
Online Sale begins
- Thursday, November 26, 7pm
Ongoing Sale Continues Friday, November 27 – Saturday, December 19, 2020
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, 9 am – 5 pm
- Thursday, Friday, 9 am – 8 pm
- Saturday, 12 noon – 5 pm
Covid-19 has impacted the art sector, our local artists and the art community. This fundraiser will support local artists and our organization. To learn more about how your donation helps, please visit our Canada Helps Page