The highly anticipated Art Rental Programme 2024 Call for Artists is now closed.
Please read the submission guidelines outlined below before you start your submission.
Submission in 3 steps:
1. Name and contact information
2. Images and Description of Art (up to 3)
3. Payment of Jury Fee ($15 for up to 3 artworks)
Note: submissions are only received once payment has been completed.
North Van Arts invites visual artists to participate in the annual juried intake of our Art Rental Programme 2024. This programme promotes the appreciation of visual arts in our community by making the work of local artists available for display in homes, offices, and film and television production sets. Art rental provides individuals and businesses with an affordable and flexible way to enjoy original 2-dimensional artworks including paintings, photography and mixed media works. Our goal is to select artwork for the Art Rental collection that offers a broad range of styles, subject matter and techniques.
The Art Rental Programme generates revenue and exposure for individual artists through renting their work to our diverse clientele. Rental fees are based on the price of the artwork as set by the artist. Royalties are paid to artists semi-annually (less a 30% administration fee). Clients may also purchase artwork from the collection. The Art Rental Programme provides clients the unique opportunity to “try out” artwork in their homes and offices that they may later purchase.
Only online submissions are accepted.
Adjudicators will select artworks from the submitted photograph of each artwork.
If a work(s) is selected, artists will be notified by email.
Selected artworks are to be delivered by appointment to CityScape Community ArtSpace, 335 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver. Dates to be determined.
Tuesday, November 21 at 5pm: DEADLINE for online submission – EXTENDED
week of January 9, 2024: Artists notified of results by email
January 2024 (dates to be confirmed): Artists select from available appointments to deliver artworks to North Van Arts
- 1 to 3 pieces may be submitted for consideration.
- A jury fee of $15.00 is required at the time of submission.
- Only 2-dimensional artworks including paintings, prints, photographs and mixed media works will be accepted. Diptych or triptychs will not be accepted, nor may they be submitted as single works.
- For each artwork submission include:
Dimensions (width x height in inches)
Selling Price (all works must be for sale)
additional information if there is a frame or mat
- Please enter up to 5 keywords to categorize the artwork (e.g. landscape, abstract, figurative ). These keywords will be used online to assist viewers in their web search.
- Artwork size must be at least 8” x 10” and no larger than 48” x 48”.
- To accommodate our hanging system, all works must be properly finished for hanging using wire and D-rings attached to the frame approximately 1/3rd of the way from the top of the frame, stretcher or mounting board so that hardware does not protrude, and the top of the piece does not lean excessively forward off the wall. No “teeth” fixtures or French cleats are permitted. (Painted canvases are not required to be framed.)
- Artwork is frequently transported and handled so works must be durably constructed.
- We cannot accept pieces with high relief or fragile surfaces that may be prone to damage.
- Each artwork submitted must be accompanied by a photograph that accurately represents the work. Avoid the use of in-camera settings or image enhancement software tools. If you are having difficulties taking a photograph through glass, you can submit a photograph of your work on its own. We will take a photo upon approval.
While our goal is to select a broad range of styles, subject matter, and techniques, there is no guarantee that every artist who submits will have their artwork selected for the programme.
The decision of the jury is final.
Preparation for the Submission Process:
- Photo files MUST be named: Lastname-Firstname_Title-of-Artwork.filetype (.jpg, .jpeg or .png)
- Images should be evenly lit, properly cropped, colour balanced for accurate rendering, sharply focussed, and free from extraneous distractions such as shadows or glare. If the artwork is framed, include the frame in the photograph.
- File size of each image from 500 KB to 3 MB.
- Images must be saved as .jpg, .jpeg or .png file types only.
- Artists must become members or are already active members in good standing with North Van Arts. Prior membership does not influence the jury’s selections.
- Artists will be contacted by email with schedule to deliver the artwork(s) to CityScape Community ArtSpace during gallery hours. Dates to be determined.
- Artists will receive a contract for each artwork. Accepted artwork is contracted to the Art Rental Collection for a minimum of one year.
- North Van Arts does not provide insurance for artwork. Artists are responsible for insuring the artworks while in the gallery. Rental Clients assume responsibility for the artwork once artwork is in their possession.
- Artwork accepted into the Art Rental Programme from this jury will be available for rent and sale by late January 2024. There will be an Art Rental Show exhibition at CityScape Community ArtSpace in February 2024.
Submission Deadline: Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at 5:00 pm – extended
If you have any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
North Van Arts
335 Lonsdale Avenue
North Vancouver, BC V7M 2G3