North Van Arts seeks visual artists to participate in its Art Rental Programme. This programme promotes the appreciation of visual arts in our community by making the work of local artists available for display in homes, offices and film and television production sets. Art rental provides individuals and businesses an affordable and flexible way to enjoy a wide range of quality, original 2-dimensional works including paintings, photography and mixed media works.
The Art Rental Programme generates revenue and exposure for individual artists through renting works to our large and diverse clientele. Rental fees are based on the price of the artwork set by the artist. Royalties are paid to artists semi-annually (less a 30% administration fee). Clients may also purchase artwork from the collection. The art rental programme provides clients the unique opportunity to “try out” artwork in their homes and offices that they may later purchase.
North Van Arts will hold two jury days for new art rental work. To participate you MUST register for one of the jury days below or by phone 604-988-6844 and pay the $15 jury fee in advance. Spaces are limited so register as soon as possible.
Jury Dates: Sunday, October 27, 2019 or Sunday, November 24, 2019
Submission guidelines and requirements are as follows:
- Advance online registration is required for one of the jury dates.
- A jury fee of $15.00 is required at time of registration.
- Please bring your registration information and up to 3 artworks to CityScape Community Art Space, 335 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver on your selected date.
- Artwork is to be dropped off between 9:00am-11:00am. (Latecomers will not be accepted. Registrants only, sorry NO drop-ins.)
- Artists must return (no phone calls) between 4:00pm-5:00pm for jury results and to pick up artwork not selected. Accepted artwork will remain with North Van Arts.
- Upon acceptance, artists must become members in good standing with North Van Arts. Prior membership does not influence the jury’s selections. Accepted artwork is contracted to the Art Rental Collection for a minimum of one year.
- Works must be no larger than 48” x 48” (122cm x 122cm) and no smaller than 8” x 10” (20cm x 25cm).
- All works must be properly finished with frames and hanging wire. Paintings may have painted edges. Please use proper materials for the hanging wire and eyelets, d-rings preferable; and attach to the frame so hardware does not protrude, and the piece does not lean forward off the wall.
- Diptych or triptychs are not eligible, nor may be submitted as a single work.
- Artworks are frequently transported so we do not accept pieces with relief or fragile surfaces that may be prone to damage.
- The decision of the jury is final. There is no guarantee that everyone who submits will be accepted.
New work accepted into the Art Rental Collection from this jury will be available for rent and sale starting with the Art Rental exhibition at CityScape Community ArtSpace in January 2020. To facilitate promotion, artists may (optionally) provide digital images of their work for our website.
For more information please contact:
Art Rental Programme
North Van Arts, 335 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver, BC V7M 2G3
Tel: 604-988-6844 email@example.com