Please Note: North Van Arts’ website is currently experiencing technical difficulties with the Art Rental Jury Fee page. If you are unable to complete your fee transaction, or encounter a technical difficulty with your submission, please email email@example.com and include your phone contact for us to connect with you. Thank you for your patience.
North Van Arts invites visual artists to participate in the annual juried intake for our Art Rental Programme. This programme promotes the appreciation of visual arts in our community by making the work of local artists available for display in homes, offices and film and television production sets. Art rental provides individuals and businesses with an affordable and flexible way to enjoy original 2-dimensional artworks including paintings, photography and mixed media works. Our goal is to select artwork for the Art Rental collection that offers a broad range of styles, subject matter and techniques.
The Art Rental Programme generates revenue and exposure for individual artists through renting their work to our large and diverse clientele. Rental fees are based on the price of the artwork as set by the artist. Royalties are paid to artists semi-annually (less a 30% administration fee). Clients may also purchase artwork from the collection. The Art Rental Programme provides clients the unique opportunity to “try out” artwork in their homes and offices that they may later purchase.
Submissions to the Art Rental Programme are online. Adjudicators will select artworks from the submitted photograph of each artwork. If a work(s) is selected, artists will be notified by email and a time will be scheduled for delivery of the work to CityScape Community ArtSpace. Only the selected artworks are to be delivered to the gallery.
Please read through this page to find out how to prepare your submission. (download pdf Art Rental Programme 2022 Call For Artists)
- 1 to 3 pieces may be submitted for consideration.
- A jury fee of $15.00 is required to be paid online at the time of submission.
- Only 2-dimensional artworks including paintings, prints, photographs and mixed media works will be accepted. Works printed on aluminum are ineligible as are 3-dimensional artworks, video or audio-based works. Diptych or triptychs will not be accepted, nor may they be submitted as single works.
- Submissions must include for each artwork the Title, Medium, Dimensions (width x height), Selling Price, and additional details if Framed or Matted.
- Please enter up to 5 keywords to describe the artwork. The keywords will assist online viewers in their web search.
- Works must be at least 8” x 10” and no larger than 48” x 48”.
- All works must be properly finished for hanging using durable materials for the wire and eyelets (D-rings are preferred) attached to the frame 1/3rd of the way from the top of the frame, stretcher or mounting board so that hardware does not protrude, and the top of the piece does not lean excessively forward off the wall. No “teeth” fixtures or French cleats are permitted. Artwork is frequently transported and handled so they must be durably constructed. We do not accept pieces with relief or fragile surfaces that may be prone to damage.
- Each artwork being submitted must be accompanied by a photograph that accurately represents the work. Avoid the use of in-camera settings or image enhancement software tools such as HDR (High Dynamic Range), picture styles, excessive colour saturation or filters.
- While our goal is to select artwork in a broad range of styles, subject matter, and techniques, there is no guarantee that every artist who submits will have their artwork selected for the programme. The decision of the jury is final.
- Artists must become members or are already active members in good standing with North Van Arts. Prior membership does not influence the jury’s selections.
- Artists will receive a contract for each artwork. Accepted artwork is contracted to the Art Rental Collection for a minimum of one year.
- North Van Arts does not provide insurance for artwork. Artists are responsible for insuring the artworks while in the gallery. Rental Clients assume responsibility for the artworks once they are in their possession.
- Artists will be contacted by email to schedule a time to deliver the artwork(s) to CityScape Community ArtSpace.
Before you Begin the Submission Process:
- Name your photo files: Lastname-Firstname_Title-of-Artwork.filetype (.jpg, .jpeg or .png)
- Images should be evenly lit, properly cropped, colour balanced for accurate rendering, sharply focussed, and free from extraneous distractions such as shadows or glare. If the artwork is framed, include the frame in the photograph.
- Images should have a maximum pixel dimensions of 2048 pixels on the longest side (width or height) at a minimum document resolution of 72 pixels per inch (ppi) to ensure optimal rendering and allow enlargement for a variety of on screen display purposes (e.g. Art Rental website gallery, social media channels, and virtual gallery exhibitions).
- File size of each image from 500 KB to 3 MB.
- Images must be saved as .jpg, .jpeg or .png file types only.
Deadline: Monday, November 15 at 11:59 PM
Art Rental Programme 2022 - Submit artRequirements: Photograph of Artwork | Title | Medium | Width (inches) | Height (inches) | Price | Frame details (if applicable) | Mat details (if applicable)
New work accepted into the Art Rental Collection from this jury will be available for rent and sale starting with the Art Rental Show exhibition at CityScape Community ArtSpace in January 2022.
For further inquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org