- Art Rental Programme Submission 2023 25% 25%
North Van Arts invites visual artists to participate in the annual juried intake for our Art Rental Programme 2023. This programme promotes the appreciation of visual arts in our community by making the work of local artists available for display in homes, offices, and film and television production sets. Art rental provides individuals and businesses with an affordable and flexible way to enjoy original 2-dimensional artworks including paintings, photography and mixed media works. Our goal is to select artwork for the Art Rental collection that offers a broad range of styles, subject matter and techniques.
The Art Rental Programme generates revenue and exposure for individual artists through renting their work to our diverse clientele. Rental fees are based on the price of the artwork as set by the artist. Royalties are paid to artists semi-annually (less a 30% administration fee). Clients may also purchase artwork from the collection. The Art Rental Programme provides clients the unique opportunity to “try out” artwork in their homes and offices that they may later purchase.
Only online submissions are accepted. Adjudicators will select artworks from the submitted photograph of each artwork. If a work(s) is selected, artists will be notified by email. Selected artworks are to be delivered to the CityScape Community ArtSpace, 335 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver between December 10-22.
- Wednesday, October 26 at 5pm: Online submission deadline
- Thursday, December 8: Artists notified of results
- Saturday, December 10 – Thursday, December 22: Artists bring accepted artworks to North Van Arts
Please read through this page to find out how to prepare your artwork submission.
- 1 to 3 pieces may be submitted for consideration.
- A jury fee of $15.00 is required to be paid online at the time of submission.
- Only 2-dimensional artworks including paintings, prints, photographs and mixed media works will be accepted. Works printed on aluminum are ineligible as are 3-dimensional artworks, video or audio-based works. Diptych or triptychs will not be accepted, nor may they be submitted as single works.
- For each artwork submission include the Title, Medium, Dimensions (width x height in inches), Selling Price, and additional information if there is a frame or mat.
- Please enter up to 5 keywords to describe the artwork (e.g. landscape, abstract, figurative). The keywords will be used online to assist viewers in their web search.
- Artwork size must be at least 8” x 10” and no larger than 48” x 48”.
- To accommodate our hanging system, all works must be properly finished for hanging using wire and D-rings attached to the frame approximately 1/3rd of the way from the top of the frame, stretcher or mounting board so that hardware does not protrude, and the top of the piece does not lean excessively forward off the wall. No “teeth” fixtures or French cleats are permitted. Artwork is frequently transported and handled so works must be durably constructed. We cannot accept pieces with relief or fragile surfaces that may be prone to damage. Framed artwork must be framed with glass and NOT plexiglass.
- Each artwork submitted must be accompanied by a photograph that accurately represents the work. Avoid the use of in-camera settings or image enhancement software tools such as HDR (High Dynamic Range), picture styles, excessive colour saturation or filters.
- While our goal is to select a broad range of styles, subject matter, and techniques, there is no guarantee that every artist who submits will have their artwork selected for the programme. The decision of the jury is final.
Preparation for the Submission Process:
- Name your photo files: Lastname-Firstname_Title-of-Artwork.filetype (.jpg, .jpeg or .png)
- Images should be evenly lit, properly cropped, colour balanced for accurate rendering, sharply focussed, and free from extraneous distractions such as shadows or glare. If the artwork is framed, include the frame in the photograph.
- Images should have a maximum pixel dimensions of 2048 pixels on the longest side (width or height) at a minimum document resolution of 72 pixels per inch (ppi) to ensure optimal rendering and allow enlargement for a variety of on-screen display purposes (e.g. Art Rental website gallery, social media channels, and virtual gallery exhibitions).
- File size of each image from 500 KB to 3 MB.
- Images must be saved as .jpg, .jpeg or .png file types only.
- Artists must become members or are already active members in good standing with North Van Arts. Prior membership does not influence the jury’s selections.
- Artists will be contacted by email with schedule to deliver the artwork(s) to CityScape Community ArtSpace during gallery hours December 10 to December 22.
- Artists will receive a contract for each artwork. Accepted artwork is contracted to the Art Rental Collection for a minimum of one year.
- North Van Arts does not provide insurance for artwork. Artists are responsible for insuring the artworks while in the gallery. Rental Clients assume responsibility for the artwork once artwork is in their possession.
- Artwork accepted into the Art Rental Programme from this jury will be available for rent and sale starting with the Art Rental Show exhibition at CityScape Community ArtSpace in January 2023.
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, October 26, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
For further inquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
North Van Arts
335 Lonsdale Avenue
North Vancouver, BC V7M 2G3