North Van Arts is seeking art submissions for a wall calendar of imagery telling the story of the North Shore. Images should be of locations, places or scenes that are recognizably in North Vancouver or West Vancouver.
Paintings, prints or drawings in any media that represent scenes, scenery, people, or locations on the North Shore will be considered. We would like this calendar to tell the ‘North Shore story’, so images may represent locations, buildings, sites, scenes that are no longer in existence, but have contributed to the history and culture of the ‘North Shore’. Please note, the calendar images will be landscape orientation. (Images submitted in portrait format will need to be cropped for inclusion in the calendar.) Previous editions of the calendar can be viewed here.
To submit use the online form below.
Submissions must include:
- Only images of paintings, prints or drawings will be considered for this calendar (photography, digital imagery, and graphics will not be considered);
- Digital image (max 5 per artist, up to 1MB each), print quality image will be required for selected work;
- If accepted, original images must be available for exhibition (Aug-Nov 2019 and Jan 2020);
- All images labeled with title, size, and medium;
- A short biography, and brief artist statement related to submitted work;
- Name, mailing address, phone number, website, and email address;
- No jury fees. If any original art sells during the exhibitions, the artist receives 70% of sale.
Deadline for submission: Sunday, April 14, 2019 at midnight – deadline extended!
Paintings selected for the 2020 wall calendar will be included in two exhibitions: Lynn Valley Library Gallery in Aug-Nov 2019 and Silk Purse Gallery in Jan 2020. Please do not call to inquire about submission status, we respond to everyone that has submitted once the adjudication panel has made its decision. North Shore residency or North Van Arts membership not required.