North Van Arts is seeking art submissions for the You Are Here 2022 Calendar. The calendar tells the story of the region through artistically rendered images of locations, places, or scenes that are recognizably in North Vancouver or West Vancouver. By submitting your art, you are adding your voice to this story.
The intention of this calendar is to showcase history, traditions, culture and diversity of the North Shore, complementing the North Shore Culture Compass. Paintings, prints or drawings in any media that represent local scenes, scenery, buildings, sites, people, or locations that may or may not still exist, will be considered. As an important part of cultural expression, depictions of traditions connected to this place and to the land are also welcome.
As a fundraiser for the North Shore Culture Compass, artists are not paid for the use of their image. No jury fees are required for submission. North Van Arts and select partners present exhibitions of the original art. Artists receive 70% of any art sales. North Van Arts will produce 5″ x 7″ art cards of the images, sharing 50% of sales profits with the artist. North Van Arts will also produce a StoryMap of all included art.
Previous editions of the calendar can be viewed here.
To submit use the online form below.
- Name, mailing address, phone number, website, email address
- Only images of paintings, prints or drawings will be considered for this calendar (photography, digital imagery, and graphics will not be considered);
- Digital image (max 5 per artist, up to 1MB each), print quality image will be required for selected work;
- Calendar images will be landscape orientation (ratio 14:10); images submitted in portrait format or square will need to be cropped for inclusion in the calendar;
- If accepted, original images must be available for exhibition Fall 2021, Winter 2022 (dates TBC);
- All images labeled with title, size, and medium;
- A short biography, brief artist statement, story related to submitted work
Deadline for submission: Sunday, May 2, 2021 at midnight.
North Shore residency or North Van Arts membership not required.
For more information, contact:
Michelle Richard | Communications & Grants Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org