FEBRUARY 15 – MARCH 15, 2021
THE CULTURE COMPASS TREASURE HUNTS ARE BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!
After the success of the Culture Days Treasure Hunts which took place in Fall 2020, the Culture Compass Treasure Hunts are back – this time, to celebrate the launch of Heritage Week on February 15, 2021.
Where do you find Heritage?
Interesting stories are all around you! Pick up clues while discovering natural & cultural heritage along North Vancouver’s Green Necklace or go online and explore the entire North Shore.
You have a until March 15th to complete one or both hunts and enter to win the Grand Prize – the ultimate North Shore Staycation. Follow the clues to find letters and uncover the code word!
Grand Prize – Ultimate vancouver’s North Shore Staycation:
The amazing prize package has been put together with the support of our sponsor Vancouver’s North Shore Tourism and the following local North Shore organizations and includes:
- 1 night stay with breakfast for 4 at Lonsdale Quay Hotel
- $100 Gift Card to Park Royal
- Tickets to Grouse Mountain Admission
- Tickets to Capilano Suspension Bridge
- E-bike rentals with Reckless Shipyards eBikes & More
- Vancouver’s North Shore Tourism and North Shore Culture Compass Swag
enter to win the grand prize:
Once you’ve completed the online hunt, enter your details and the code word via the online form at the end of the hunt.
Once you’ve completed the in-person hunt, you can either:
– visit CityScape Community ArtSpace during open hours to submit your details and code word, or
– enter using the ‘submit in-person code word’ link below
If you do both hunts and submit both code words, it counts as two entries! Only 1 entry per person per hunt, for a maximum of 2 entries per person for both online and in-person.
Tips for completing the In-person (outdoor) treasure hunt:
- All clues can be seen from the outside of each location so you can find them at any time during February 15th – March 15th.
- It will take around 1 hr to complete on foot but you do not need to follow the order of the map. It is a cyclable route too as it’s along an urban greenway!
- The full urban greenway is a 7.5km loop so if you are cycling/want a longer walk, continue beyond clue 6 and circle back to end at clue 7.
- This is a great family-friendly or socially-distanced activity to do with a friend!
- Don’t to forget to snap a selfie with the hashtag #HuntForHeritage !