North Shore Art Crawl Guidelines
All participating artists and venues agree:
- The North Shore Art Crawl is open to all artists and artisans living and/or working on the North Shore, or members of the North Vancouver Community Arts Council.
- All studios, galleries and other venues must be located on the North Shore (between Deep Cove and Lions Bay) and be open both days from 10am – 5pm and offer free admission.
- We encourage artists to open their studios, as part of the attraction of the Crawl is to be able to see the artists in their working environment.
- Studios and galleries must be safe for the public – no toxic fumes, no obstacles on the floor and no pets.
- We encourage artists, galleries, schools and art associations to organize art demonstrations or hands-on activities, to make the Crawl more interactive and entertaining for the public. Demonstrations and activities will be listed on the Art Crawl website – submission page will be available soon.
- The Arts Council will do as much as possible to promote the Crawl to the general public and to make it a successful event, but participants are responsible for promoting their own participation in the event, e.g. by informing your contact lists and neighbours, suggesting that your friends “Like” the NVCAC Facebook page, using lawn signs, keeping the Event Manager informed of any articles/interviews in the news, etc.
- All participants must provide an updated profile text and preferably 1-3 photos of current works.
- Every participant is responsible for proof-reading their registration form, ensuring that all information and submitted texts are correct. Information submitted on the registration form will be used for brochure listings and online profiles. Participants will not be able to proof their brochure listing before the brochure goes to print.
- Any reproductions, such as posters or prints (including giclee prints), must be clearly identified as not being original art.
- Alcohol may not be served in the studios and galleries during the North Shore Art Crawl.
- All participants must complete and submit the artist/venue survey
- All participants must keep track of the public attendance & sales during the North Shore Art Crawl. Participants will be required to submit their statistics.
Please contact the Events Manager at email@example.com with any questions or contributing materials (notification of demonstrations or activities, upcoming exhibitions, publicity, etc.).