North Shore Culture Map
The Beta Test of the North Shore Culture Map is now available in limited release for testing.
You can visit The Map by clicking on the map above, or going to northshoreculturemap.net.
From May 1 to September 1, 2019, we are encouraging residents, tourists, cultural organizations, planners, and whoever else may be interested to test the map and see how it works. During this testing phase, we will continue to work on collecting assets to be listed and developing a look and feel for the final tool.
We encourage you to share your feedback about the map here.
Some areas you may want to explore:
- select the different categories (coloured buttons at top of map) to view the listings in each category
- zoom in to the map to see where the different listings are located (hint: the green circles represent clusters of asset listings. The larger the circle, the more assets in that area.)
- click on individual points on the map to open a pop-up that will show an image, more information and web link
- visit the FE (Festivals & Events) category, play with the directions and date functions
- find routing options including driving and walking distances and directions. In the listing menu located on the map to the right of your screen there is a road symbol that you can click on. You will also find it in each pop up that provides directions to and from the asset.
- visit the other pages: Using the Map, Supporters, Launch 2020